Begin downloading free staff in-services on November 1st which includes power point, hand outs, pre tests and post tests.
For the sixth year, the National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners and International Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners is offering The National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners / ICCDP Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Staff Education Week February 14th to the 21st offers Free Staff Training In-services and Tool Kit. The Tool Kit and In-services are free and available at www.NCCDP.org. The free tool kit and In-services includes many Power Point in-services to use for training your staff, family, volunteers and congregation. Begin downloading November 1st to March15th. Many of the in-service are designed to be taught in 30 minutes. Each year new in-services and topics are added to the archives.
The Tool Kit, In-services and the declaration by the NCCDP / ICCDP Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Staff Education Week February 14th to the 21st was developed to bring national and international awareness to the importance of providing comprehensive dementia education by means of face to face interactive classroom environment to all healthcare professionals, front line staff and First responders and to go above and beyond the minimum state, national or country requirements regarding initial dementia education and to require ongoing dementia education.
“Because when they know better, they do better.” Maya Angelou
Examples of NCCDP / ICCDP Staff Free In-services include:
- Understanding CTE
- Recognizing Anxiety in the Elderly
- Senior Bullying Across the Ages: Senior’s Bullying Other Seniors
- Understanding Pseudobulbar Affect PBA – Involuntary Outbursts of Crying and Laughing
- Leading Age and Anti Psychotics Reduction
- Brain Fog…Is a Legit Diagnosis!
- Travel Guidelines for People with Dementia
- The Long Term Care Ombudsman Program
- Improving Dementia Care-Reducing Unnecessary Antipsychotic Medications
- Lewy Body Dementia: When it isn’t Alzheimer’s
- Time Slips
- Preventing Resident to Resident Altercations / Aggression
- Broken Trust: Elders, Family and Finance-Financial Abuse
- Sexual Violence in later Life
- Do’s and Don’ts for Dementia Gardens
- Importance of Brain Games to Improve Cognition
- Understanding Frontotemporal Degeneration
- Fall into Fall – Fall prevention in-service for Dementia clients
- Sexuality and Intimacy: A Guide for Dementia Patients in LTC Settings & Home Care
- Project Life Saver – (Elopement What You Need To Know)
- Your caregiver personality: Why it’s a very important care giving skill
- CAREGIVER RESOURCE: CARING FROM THE HEART
- Life Review: Practice Techniques for Clients & Caregivers
- Spiritual Care When Dementia Is Present: Holding Fast to the Memory of God
- AND MANY MORE
- Free In-services includes power point, hand outs, pre test, post tests, answers, in-service evaluation and in-service certificates.
- AND MANY MORE
The free tool kit includes:
- The free tool kit includes: Nurse Educator of the Year Nomination Forms
- Nomination Forms for NCCDP / ICCDP Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Staff Education Week Contest
- Proclamations for Governors, Senators and Mayor
- Letters to the Editors Promoting Your Program
- 97 Ways to Promote Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia Staff Education Week
- Promotional materials
- Resources and Important Web Sites and much more